Federal Housing authorities need to move quickly to help this family

http://news.yahoo.com/family-evicted-mother-killed-gunman-144936215.html

It's bad enough that this boy's mother (the woman's dau) was killed by their psychotic neighbor over a stupid rose bush, but what a slap in the face to be locked out of their home. Thoughts?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw this, IDK I think someone needs to start a fundraiser like they did for the busdriver, I will help!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I understand they have a policy in place to prevent people from benefiting from housing when they shouldn't be, but I think this is a bit extreme. She was killed, it's not like they knew her death was coming or something. They could at least give the family a few weeks to find somewhere else to stay or to apply to get housing for themselves.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• It's a travesty. But Federal Housing never moves quickly on anything.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Don't most people have 30 days? It is hard for me to work up a lot of sympathy for someone who has been in the system for 20 years. At what point were they going to pull themselves up? There should be an appropriate way from them to transition and get their private property, but damn am I really supposed to support these people from cradle to grave? Someone should be reviewing these families every few years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• ^^^Anon, your compassion is underwhelming.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2013