Do you think hair long to the mid back looks good on a 50 year old?

I have long hair but usually have it in a bun :/ with this hot weather...ugh!
When I fix it it looks nice but I am pretty sure I am going to get a good trim not a cut.
Seems like alot of ladies cut their hair once they get in their late 40's

Your thoughts Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I don't think you should let anyone influence you. Long hair or short hair can look good on anyone at any age.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• If it's clean and well kept,yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• so long as its healthy and clean, its all good to me. but it is rare to see a woman over 50 with super long hair.

i dont really understand why some ppl assume age dictates hairstyle. my hair has been all sorts of lengths in my almost 29 years of life...its just hair. do what you want!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• As with anyone, as long as it is kep clean, the dead ends are trimmed, and your roots aren't crazy then yes I think you can look good with long hair. I found this womans picture on Pinterest a few weeks ago and I just think she is so beautiful! It's as if women think they hit 50 and have to chop their hair off. Not the case

She's Beautiful

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I have seen many women in their 50's and up with beautiful long hair, don't cut it if you like it long
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Don't cut your hair just because you've had a certain umber of birthdays. My grandma always had super long hair, usually up in a bun, but all of us grandkids used to love it when she would let us brush it out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• If you like your hair, keep it that way. Don't cut it off because of your birthdate; that's just stupid.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I agree, if at any age, long hair is well kept, one can wear it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I think your hair is apart of you and it should be how ou like to see it/ have it.

I am not much on spending a lot of time in fixing hair so for me that would take a little more effort than I want to expend. I have see some lovely 80 year olds with very long hair.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I think it depends on the woman,look at Jane Seymore and Maria(the Kennedy gal who used to be married to Arnold) they are 50 plus and rock long hair.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 7:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2013