America's Got Talent- Group home style! :)

My son bowls on Tuesdays w/ a group of people who live in area group homes. They are people w/ a wide variety of special needs. The past few weeks, they have been going to a local church to practice for their talent show (instead of bowling) Well, tonite I got to see their rehearsal & I have to say I was overjoyed by the experience. There were people there who sung their hearts out, did a stand up comic act, danced, & did skits. It was so heartwarming to see the joy & look of satisfaction on their faces when they did their acts. I found myself tearing up at one performance in particular. This man of about 50 something had a nice deep voice & his song choice was perfect for him. He sang it with such heart & the message (in the song) was inspirational.

I know our kids can amaze us in many ways, but it's not that often you get to be blessed by a roomful of enthusiastic & entertaining individuals like I got to experience tonite. :)

Please share your stories about your amazing kids. :)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2013 in Special Needs

• Sometimes you see joy like that, and you really have to wonder who the ones with "handicaps" are. Many of the happiest people I've ever met have had special needs of one kind or another.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• happy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2013