Thinking about making my sons buisness cards for their friends to get in touch with us for play dates

making cards out with their names on them with our address and phone number and email maybe so that they make friends and they can get in touch with for play dates and such. we were at the lake today and my sons were having a blast with this little boy and we left after a few hours and the little boy ran after us he was yelling to us from across the street really upset wondering if we were coming back later and he was like "is this the last time I will ever see you", it was so sad, I went over and gave his mom our phone number and talked to her for a bit. my sons are age 7 and 5 by the way. I am such a shy person and it is just so hard for me to keep in touch with the boys friends but I am trying so hard anything for my boys. also what do you think about a facebook for an 7 year old, well he is almost 8.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2013 in General Parenting

• Well,I've never known a place that will print up less than 200 of them,but if you want to get the stuff to make your own,go ahead
    I wouldn't do FB for such a young kid

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I feel ya on the shy thing :) I have crippling social anxiety and have sweated my way thru many awkward b-day parties. I've learned you need to dig deep because shyness will come across as snobby, sadly

I say PASS on the facebook. it's a poor idea for kids so little. make 100% sure they both know your phone number. quiz them often to make sure. give them permission to pass it along. good luck :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• No FB for him but exchanging contact information with the parent(s) is good.

Also even if they live close maybe they can write letters. :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• You can make "mom cards" on Vistaprint for pretty cheap. As far as FB, the minimum age is 13.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I agree with everyone above!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Cousin Jenny is this you?

Sounds like a pretentious thing my cousin would do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I would NEVER give out that sort of personal information to people I do not know, and what if he drops them? then just whoever has your information. I understand being shy because I have a hard time making friends with strangers at pick up and drop off, but I would not set up business cards. Teach him your phone umber and he can give it out when necessary. Goo Luck!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I wouldn't do FB but making a card with your name and number, e-mail, and kids' names might be a good idea. I'll have to chew on that one for myself, since I find it hard to strike up real life conversations with moms as wel.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I agree with Cassie. I would exchange phone numbers but never give out my child's name, address on cards that anyone could get a hold of.

And especially not a facebook.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I would never ever ever call a mom if she handed me a business card with a kids name & info on it.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2013