A new twist on Hannah Anderson case.

Her kidnapper left his insurance policy to Hannah & her grandmother. DiMaggio's family is also asking for DNA from Hannah & her brother because they believe he's their father.

Thoughts!?

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 10:05 AM on Aug. 21, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I heard about the $114K left to the grandmother, didn't know about the DNA thing. Crazy. I think they looked like their dad though, from his interview on TV and their pictures. But who knows. This family is from the next town over from us so it's been big news here.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 21, 2013

• I try so hard not to look too hard at how people react to trauma because it's so different from one person to the next but since she was rescued I've had some questions. I don't understand why her father isn't protecting her by limiting her access to social media, for one. The fact that she was on Twitter within 48 hours after her release from the hospital is odd to me.

The life insurance thing was a little odd but the DNA test really threw me for a loop. In the end, I guess it doesn't matter but it seems like a story that is much more complex then it initially appeared. I'm wondering if, in the end, we won't discover that she colluded with him to some extent.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:32 AM on Aug. 21, 2013

• I haven't keeping close watch on this one at all, but everything about it has seemed too perfect, whether it's the event itself or the way the media is trying to polish it to fit their preconceived kidnapping story stencil, I'm not sure.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:07 AM on Aug. 21, 2013

• I thought she had something to do with it from the beginning... then her talking about it online... yeah not so traumatized.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Isn't the brother already buried since he killed him? How do they expect to get DNA? I hope the father fights it if they want to exhume him. He's been thru enough. Besides, if the boy is DiMaggio's too, then why kill him? That doesn't make sense to me. As far as the dad not allowing her to have access to the internet, I agree. But unfortunately, teens will find a way. And since that almost seems like a way of life for so many of them, I don't think too much of the fact that she was tweeting or posting things after being home for 2 days. Look how long she went w/out her phone or computer. Doubt she had access to those things while being help captive.  It will be interesting to find out where this all leads, but in the end, I just hope that poor girl & her father can finally move on with their lives.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Just watched an interview with her - the family is not buried yet. I can't help think when she's talking that there are probably people who know here sitting there at home screaming about them believing her. She seems to have a story for everything.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:14 AM on Aug. 22, 2013