Question about photo groups.

If I follow a photo editing tutorial (like say, converting to black and white) that I found in Group A and I post my results in Group B and someone from that group asks me how I did it do I....

1. Refer them to Group A and tell them they can find the tutorial there
or
2. Just explain to them how I did it

I don't want to step on anyones toes but I don't want to be rude either. How would you handle this?

maryw24

Asked by maryw24 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i'd do both. tell them how you did it and that there is group A with lots of fun tutorials and thats where you learned.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I don't see any problem with saying you found a tutorial in another group. That first group probably found the tutorial somewhere else anyways.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 5:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I agree with both of the answers before me.
    seasidegrandma

Answer by seasidegrandma at 10:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I would first tell them where you learned how, and give small details explaining vaguely how it was done, so that they can get their info from the site if they really are interested, and that way you aren't stepping on toes.. and you are advertising for your group :) win win.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2009