Why do we need saints to intercede between us and God?

As Jesus stated "No one get to the Father except through Me", I still don't understand why prayers to saints are needed. God has highly blessed me and my family and my daily prayers ( my own prayers, not some written long ago by someone else) are directly to God, my heavenly Father and are made to Him through my Savior Jesus Christ and have always been received and answered! Saints are created and voted on by man, so again..."Why do we need them to intercede for us?"

MorganCapt

Asked by MorganCapt at 1:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• Needed because many feel better if someone puts in a good word.

But saints are more than intercessors. They are also role models.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• These are the teachings of certain churches. Not all. If you do not feel this is correct you have the choice of attending a church that doesn't include this belief
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• You received a lot of good answers here. Just saying

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• You don't. That is my opinion... the role model thing is a big one.... but they are not NEEDED nor NECESSARY in my belief.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• You don't need anything. Why do you care if someone chooses to?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• why do you need god?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• I don't believe you need saints to intercede for you but I don't mind if others do.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• We don't.

Why do you keep asking Catholicism questions? I think there may be one Catholic that even frequents this section. You don't need to preach your personal beliefs on the topic, especially when there are so few here who even affiliate with the view you're preaching against. Do you have something against Catholicism or something?

Why do we need a "savior?" Why is it okay to need JESUS to intercede, but not others? Why would we need the Atonement? The concept of original sin isn't even original to the Jewish belief. It began with Augustine. How to we reconcile how skewed Christian teaching has become when compared to the original Jewish interpretation? There are questions you can ask about any belief system, but asking with the intent to merely preach or argue the point isn't really that nice, to be honest....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• (okay, more than one - there are a couple I might not have realized are Catholic or one or two I thought didn't really come here anymore) ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Where is VNT by the way, did she go away and come back with another name and go away again? Just wondering been MIA alot lol.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2013