A week and a half over due!! anyway to induce a bit??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2013 in Pregnancy

• No, but sex and/or walking may help
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Yep.

Pitocin.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• There are so many natural ways to induce... at least, there are so many ways that the internet will tell you.

However, if baby's just not ready yet, they're not guaranteed to work.

The best thing for you right now will be patience. :)
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• your doctor hasnt talked about induction options with you given that you're a week and a half over due?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• I agree with Mrs. P but why hasn't your doctor induced?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• It is said that and increase in the herb sage may get things moving along. I have no idea how true that is.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• SEX!!!! Sperm has natural prosteglan-something that induces labor. Worked for me!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Sex always worked for me... have sex and BAM, labor in a couple hours. Seriously.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Yes, the prostaglandins in semen can help to ripen the cervix. (The prostaglandins are there to aid in conception, actually, by triggering contractions in the female reproductive system that can help the semen "transmit" the sperm and contribute to promoting conception.) Your own orgasm can help with stimulating contractions, too.

An additional option is to get some Evening Primrose Oil capsules. EPO contains prostaglandins, as well. You can ingest the capsules but they also can be used topically. Insert when you're lying down, and the warmth of your body will melt the gel & the oil will be in contact with your cervix. Do this when you'll be lying down for awhile; the oil will run out of you when you stand up.

These things can help things along if things are ready to go, but they won't "induce" labor if you're just not ready.
    I used EPO topically when I was term with my twins & my OB was pushing medical induction. It helped!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 2:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2013