Vaginal Odor Questions adult content

I know a lot of things can change your vaginal odor. I've had it change in the past but this time its a very different smell. However, I don't just smell it, I have to (sorry if TMI) either smell my underwear or stick my finger up there and smell. Only reason I noticed it (again sorry TMI) is the smell was on my hands after a sexual activity. I have no other symptoms (no pain, itching, irritation, etc.) to cause concern. Also, I've heard of women having a "fishy" smell but I'm not sure if it seems like that. Is a fishy odor very obvious? Any suggestions on how to "fix" the smell? Thanks for all the help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2013 in Health

• Wash your external parts daily with soap and water. Never wash inside, do not douche, do not use any type of perfumes or powders down there.
    If you have no other symptoms, leave it be.
    Wear cotton underwear, or at night time, let it breathe.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Ok then. Yeah,the antibiotics mess with your pH,and having a new guy's semen introduced can mess you up as well
    Try some probiotics
    They REALLY help with your body's balance and immune system

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Sometimes with BV the smell is the only thing you notice... I got it while pregnant twice. DH isn't circumcised and the Gyno actually said that if he doesn't dry himself with a blowdryer (I am freaking serious, dr said this) after every shower that can cause the BV with me.,....

TMI I know.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Are you sweating alot in that area? Wearing synthetic garments?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• I once had this
    The first symptom was a strange odor, which I could only smell in the scenario you described.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• I don't sweat anymore than usual. However, I've been battling numerous sickness for a few months now and therefore have been on several antibiotics (tonsillitis, uti, yeast infection - although I'm pretty sure I got the yeast infection from the UTI medicine). I started seeing someone new back in May however I've never had any problems with my vaginal smell until now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• I was thinking it might have been BV but I haven't had any other problems.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Also just know that it's probably more obvious to you than it is to anyone else. I used to have a friend who was always paranoid about vaginal odors--I have no idea why--and I never once noticed anything odd about the way she smelled.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2013