Super happy today! :)

Well, actually it's been a good week so far. I'm accepting of certain things, and others I'm really looking into deep within myself and how can I make it better. What can I do today to move on from the past and not neccessary try to make things work but be me and who cares about everyone else. So, I've posted alot about men and how they drive me crazy. And, well, First off. The guy I have cared about forever, and gone back and forth on being friends on FB to not being friends. Were friends on FB never commented on my post ever. I about gave up. I posted on my status update a quote that I love. Every strike brings closer to the next home run! :) I got a reply from him or an out. And I said True! lol and he came back with I'm kidding with you, and I replied back with I know ;) I know it sounds crazy it made my day! And then a guy that I've been wanting to get to know, finally was talking to me yesterday. it was just a casual conversation really but were FB friends now too. He seems like a really nice guy, and I just like that it was very casual not forced, so atleast maybe we can get to know eachother more in the future! :) Now, anyone that truly knows me I'm a hopless romantic and in some regards man crazy also referred to boy crazy ( but i know I want a man not a boy) anyways i've been divorced since Feb. But, not with my ex husband since April 2012. And it's been a long road of starting over, moving on, feeling good about my decision and atleast for the moment feeling postive about men and that it's possible to have a normal conversation, that doesn't lead only to sex. I'm not sure what the future brings but if everyday could be like it was yesterday and this whole week then I will be on cloud nine. ( it really doesn't take much to make me happy I'm telling you)

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 5:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2013 in Relationships

• I'm happy for you. And equally happy that you have recorded it here. Please copy what you wrote and post it somewhere that you can read it on the days when you aren't as happy. My ex left me in Jan 2010 and my divorce was finalized later that year so I know all about the long road of starting over and moving on.

Good for you!
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 5:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Have you noticed that your good days and bad days are DIRECTLY influenced by the amount of male attention you get?
    This is SO NOT HEALTHY!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Guard your heart. :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Keep on keeping on. You'll have good days and not-so-good days, but happiness comes from inside you and not from what happens around you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• It sounds like a lot of why this week felt good to you has to do with how you have been, inside yourself. Shifts that have to do with being real with yourself and wanting to prioritize that as worthwhile, valid. Shifts that involve feeling some acceptance or internal resolution about some circumstances, and looking honestly at other situations and feeling some internal movement around the issues. Along with those internal shifts, and along with letting go of some things, came some shifts in relationships. Things that feel new, and different. I can see feeling good about that. Yeah. It sound like the feeling of inner freedom, space, joy.

Just thought of some lines from the very end of one of my favorite Mister Rogers songs, about being real with yourself, and prioritizing that in your living and relating:

I'm learning to know the truth
    I'm learning to tell the truth
    Discovering truth will make me free.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:54 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Don't get your head in the clouds.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• " and that it's possible to have a normal conversation, that doesn't lead only to sex."

When you've moved to the point where you expect most conversations with men will never lead to sex, you'll be in a good place to actually think about being with a man again.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I take all your thoughts in comments to heart. thank you so much!
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Aug. 22, 2013