Have you ever been to a retail or food service place that didn't accept cash?

I had to go to the local college today for a work related activity. I decided to get something to eat at their cafe. I use to go to this school and I would go there a couple of times a week. Today when I went I noticed that there was a sign that said "No cash accepted. Only Debit/Credit card or Student ID card". Several of my co-workers only had cash and were quite upset. I have never been to a retail or food place that didn't accept cash. Have you?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 7:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Was going to say no, but then you said college and I remembered yes, the JC I took classes at didn't accept cash in their cafeteria. Dumbest thing ever. Maybe they fear getting robbed? No idea.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• No , but have been to places that give you a discount if you do pay cash
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Never heard of that happening. One of my favorite places in Colorado Springs is Cash Only though. They have an atm in there that has a $2.50 charge for using their machine.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Never heard of such. I wonder if it's a rough area and they are afraid of being robbed? Maybe?
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• I've seen places that don't accept checks, or that don't accept cards, but never any place that didn't accept cash.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Only on an airplane!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• The only time that ever happened to me was on an airplane. We couldn't buy drinks with cash, just credit cards. I thought cash was taken everywhere.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• No.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Nope
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• No
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2013