Cellulite

I wanted to know if others think I am correct when I tell my 21 yr old daughter that men do not notice and/or care about cellulite like women do. My dd is 5'5", 126 lbs and in the last couple of yrs has gotten cellulite on her back thighs. She asks me if it is a bad as she thinks it is when she looks in the mirror. I tell her no and it probably isn't, but if I am honest there is cellulite and I do notice it, but I tell her we women are so critical and guys aren't. She tells me I am wrong that guys notice cellulite and are turned off by it because it is so ugly! Do others agree with me or am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Some guys do Some don't
    It might help if you have two full length mirrors so that she can see her backside without doing that awquard turny thing that makes your leg muscles look huge and wrinkly Tell her to walk more or enroll her in palates.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• My dh says guys do notice. Some will be turned off, most won't. We all have flaws with our bodies and nobody is perfect, you just have to work with what ya got!

Answer by missanc at 9:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• I'm sure there are guys who don't care and guys who do...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• well let me ask you ladies then if you would be honest with your daughter and tell her that yes her thigh cellulite has increased the past few months? I don't want to make her feel bad or make matters worse. She is a fairly busy college student, but she has pretty much stopped doing leg/thigh exercises and I think it shows. I don't think she knows it is as bad as it is.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Cellulite for the most part is genetic. Doesn't matter how many leg lifts, etc you do, if you are prone to cellulite it's almost impossible to prevent. I would encourage by example and focus on her making healthy food choices, inviting her on walks/jogs, or joining a gym/aerobics class/etc with her.

Answer by missanc at 10:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• My DH said "what's that" when I asked if he notices it.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Some guys will notice and be turned off by it. Some guys will notice and politely ignore it. Some guys will look past it and get to know her for who she is, not what her body looks like.

I was just talking to my SO about this tonight. I have ugly feet and ugly hands, but he likes my legs and my rear. He told me that what he really likes about me is my personality. And I know it's not just a line he is using on me.

As for telling my daughter that it has increased, well, I would answer her as honestly and gently as possible. You aren't doing her any favors by lying. Since you say she is busy, maybe offer to buy her some healthy foods and portion them up for her so it's easier for her to grab.

tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• It won't do you any good to lie because if your daughter is asking, she's already noticed that the problem has increased. Maybe focus on healthy solutions as others have suggested, but also tell her that if cellulite is a deal breaker for a man, he isn't worth having anyway.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• cellulite is natural everyone has it some its more than others, my 2 month old baby has cellulite on her thighs.
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Didn't you ask this very same question this morning??
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:11 AM on Aug. 23, 2013