Do you have a healthy snack idea/recipe you would like to share?

With school starting, I like to have healthy snacks readily available for my kids. My youngest is so active that it has to be something quick and the other 2 like to have something to grab after school and before work.

Typically, I buy a bunch of fruit and make sure they know where it is. I will wash the grapes and put a couple handfuls in each zip lock bag and throw them in the fridge. Also, every once in a while, I will whip up a batch of trail mix (nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, honey nut cheerios) and then put about 1/2 a cup in each zip lock bag. This also works great for me for if I forget to make a lunch, then I just grab a zip lock bag.

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 11:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2013 in Food & Drink

• My teens love frozen grapes.They like grapes but freeze grapes for snack at home and they wolf them. They also love humus and have since they were very young.I try to make my own pita chips.Spray with EVOO,sprinkle with a little Italian or Mediterranean seasoning,use shears to cut into wedges and bake.Other times I just buy pita chips and use baby carrots also.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• My son and I LOVE apples slices with crunchy peanut butter and topped with mini chocolate chips. Yummy!
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 11:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• celery with peanutbutter, laughingcow cheese wedge with crackers, babybell cheese round with crackers, airpop popcorn, veggies and ranch dressing, string cheese, yogurt with sunflower seeds on top.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Pinterest thing I tried a while ago, mash soft banana with oats, add honey, raisins, nuts, whatever, bake like drop cookies, 350 about 8-12 mins, depending how wet the final mix is. Now idea how long they keep, they were gone in hours.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Sometimes I make Chex mix and put it in small Ziploc bags for portion control. I almost always have sliced fresh pineapple in the fridge. Yogurt with granola mixed in is also a hit at my house.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:46 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I will pop a bag of popcorn and put it into snack sized bags, a snack bag of grapes with a piece of string cheese, peanut butter crackers, make mini lunchables (with crackers, meat and cheese), trail/snack mix is always good, pretzels with cream cheese, chicken salad with pita or bagel chips, make jello cups with fresh fruit in it, frozen yogurt pops.
    MotoStar

Answer by MotoStar at 10:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2013