How late is too late?

I live in the downstairs of a duplex. This whole year I've either not had a neighbor or had a very inconsiderate one (had to call the police 3 times on her, was parked in a few times, lost 2 hrs of work due to being parked in, she had loud parties EVERY night, and was just a piece of work) so I've done laundry whenever I wanted to.

My new neighbor is really nice and has been very respectful. I don't want to get on the wrong foot here. But I do need to have dry clothes for the morning. It's 10 pm and the dryer takes about an hour. Do you think the dryer would bother him from the basement all the way up to the 2nd floor?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 11:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I suggest you do so since you need the clothes tomorrow. Then try to catch him in the next day or two and ask him if the dry bothered him. If he said it did then try to do you laundry earlier in the night and just tell him you haven't had a neighbor and it didn't even cross your mind until you simply had to get the clothes dried for work.
    I am sure he will understand.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:21 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• No it shouldn't. I would just dry them.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• I can't imagine they would hear the dryer up there to the point where it would be bothersome, if they hear it at all.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• You do need dry clothes in the morning and you pay rent their as well so i would say go for it.. I am also a country girl who has never lived in an apartment..
    bamafama

Answer by bamafama at 12:04 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• If the dryer can be heard all the way to the second floor from the basement, the dryer has serious problems. I don't see how it would have bothered him, but you could always ask him to day if it did, and if so, just apologize and tell him you didn't think about the fact that you now have a neighbor until it was too late, but you'll try to be more considerate in the future.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:44 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I don't believe it would have bothered her(As it is past the time you stated). In the future you could just try and do it sooner, but I highly doubt it would bother her if she can even hear it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Mine is right below my bedroom and I don't hear it. I say go for it.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• The only reason I could imagine the dryer being a problem is if it isn't level so that it knocks or bangs a lot.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:40 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• No.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• If it were on the neighboring wall to their apartment, I would say 9 pm. Otherwise it's not an issue at all.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 22, 2013