Bright red bleeding

Not just spotting. I woke up in the middle of the night needing to use the bathroom and on my way there, I poured blood down my legs and all. I went through 5 pairs of panties last night. They even got ruined while using a tampon and panty liner. I've never seen brighter blood in my life. I have been spotting occasionally before this but dark brown and not too concerning. This is my first pregnancy and I am afraid that I am miscarrying...

bree0911

Asked by bree0911 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 22, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor or go to the ER.

Answer by louise2 at 8:46 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Go see your doctor right now and stop wondering. If you are miscarrying you need your doctor...good luck!

Answer by older at 8:47 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Call your doctor!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:48 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Go to the ER right now.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:51 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• agree with others, get to an ER right now. bright red blood is alarming in pregnancy but so is the amount you described. how far along are you?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• um well, the first sign of blood in pregnancy, you should have already been at the hospital. not trying to use pads or tampons, especially while pregnant!!!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Red blood pouring down your leg, means medical attention is immediately needed
    This would be considered an emergency
    If no one an drive you then call 911
    Do not drive if blood is pouring out of you, you could pass out since you have been bleeding this much since the middle of night
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• You have got to be kidding me.....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• That much blood is not normal, ever. I hope you are at the emergency room now.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Get to the doctor , like yesterday
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:42 AM on Aug. 22, 2013