Buttermilk Pie

I have some homemade crust chilling currently, awaiting this pie. Maybe. I had never heard of it til I came across it in a cookbook I recently checked out of the library, and having some buttermilk on hand I figured what the hell.

Now I'm wondering if I'm about to ruin my perfectly good pie crust with something I'll not like. I love egg custard pie, and from what I can google it's similar, but with tart taste due to the buttermilk.

Anyone have this pie and enjoy it or am I making a mistake?

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 22, 2013 in Food & Drink

• We all like Buttermilk pie a lot except my 16 y.o. son...LOVE doesn't describe how much he likes Buttermilk pie.He asks for homemade Buttermilk pie and an homemade Apple pie for his family birthday dinner .No cake he wants specific pies.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 6:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• My DH loves that kind of pie, actually going to make it for his birthday. He has his grandmother's recipe that I need to find. Have you ever had a Chess pie? It's kind like that.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:38 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Buttermilk pie is my favorite! I make my grandmas recipe every year for Christmas.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 1:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Never had that, either. I went ahead and stuck the pie in the oven.

I really hope I love this pie...
    Ginger0104

Comment by Ginger0104 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I snuck a taste after it had cooled some. OMG. Where has this pie been all my life???! It's amazingly delicious!
    Ginger0104

Comment by Ginger0104 (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2013