Can I get pregnant 5 days after my period ends? I'm hoping I can!

My husband and I are trying for baby #2, but I think I may have miscalculated my ovulation?

My period began on August 1st and ended August 6th. We tried to conceive both August 9th and August 11th. These past couple of weeks I’ve been so excited thinking I’m probably pregnant, but now I think I may have added my ovulation and everything up wrong. Worst case, I guess we’ll try again next month, I was just really hoping it would be this month.

My boobs are very sore and I’m cramping a bit. I think I remember this happening with my son. My period before this one was July 1st and my period before that was June 7th so my periods aren’t too regular.

What do you think? When should I take a pregnancy test?

Thanks in advance!

IvyRhiann

Asked by IvyRhiann at 1:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• If you just had your period at the beginning of August, wait till September to take a pregnancy test. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• You can theoretically get pregnant anytime. I would just wait until you have missed your period and then test. Also buy the dollar store tests they work the same as more expensive tests(it's what the doctors office use) and are much cheaper. Especially if you end up testing multiple times for several months. But hopefully you don't have to worry about that and are pregnant!.

Good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• 12th and 14th may have worked a bit better, assuming you are on a regular 28 day cycle.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• August 1 was day 1 of your cycle. IF you have a 28 day cycle, you were too early. If your cycle is less than 28 days, that's a whole 'nother challenge because the uterine lining isn't getting much time to build up and give the egg something to attach to.

Pick up a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. Owner's manual for the female reproductive system! You'll learn how to time things, NOT using a calendar.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Just have sex normally. This calculations and shuff makes my head hurt.

Answer by louise2 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Unlikely,but not impossible

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Maybe. Give it a shot.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Possible but highly unlikely.

Wait til September to test as suggested and you've missed your next period. Save the $8. Regardless it's way too soon to attempt testing.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Oh, and it would pretty much depend on how long your cycle usually is. I would use an ovulation calculator (there are other sites that have them) to see what the best days are to try.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I am going to say what I always say. Stop "TRYTING" to get pregnant. Relax and enjoy the process. Sure calculate when you ovulate (or should) , they have an app for that, and sure make some time for a little whoppee in those days but seriously, sex is supposed to be enjoyable and an end unto itself. The important thing is to love each other and bond with each other. The baby is a bonus.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2013