Have you ever used duct tape to get rid of a wart?

I've heard about using this & wondered if anyone has had luck with this method? My daughter has a wart on the back side of her finger. It looks dried up & irritated at times so I can't put on the medicine from the store. I thought about trying duct tape before I resort taking her to the doctor & having it removed. I'm trying to spare her the "trauma" of having it cut off.

soccermom0002

Asked by soccermom0002 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• how would you use the duck tape??
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have heard of that and I have always wondered if it worked. I have seen many articles on it so you may have a good chance of it working.
    Anonymous

• I've never heard of that one, but there is one that I tried on a wart I had and it worked! It didn't work on my children, though....LOL....okay, this sounds stupid, but I read it somewhere, I tried it, and it really worked.....
    Take a piece of toilet tissue and place it over the wart. Using a pencil, draw a circle on the tissue around the wart. Burn the piece of toilet tissue (I did it over the toilet so I could throw it in and flush it). It went away within a week!
    Now, 2 of my children had cluster warts on feet and hands and had to have them frozen. One daughter had to go in weekly for about 5 months for the warts on her feet to be frozen. My oldest got them a different time in a different town so that doc kept prescribing topical stuff that never worked. Finally, another doc froze one wart really hard and said all the others would die off, too, because they shared the same virus. They're gone!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have used duct tape on a wart before. It does work. It's not instant, but it does work. Just put a thin strip of it around her finger and leave it for a week, then take it off and put another one on there. My kids' pediatrician actually told me to do this. It does work.
    orcadarwin

Answer by orcadarwin at 2:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2010