I need advice / help.....

I'm new to this site but I don't know where else to turn.... Long story short...my daughter was molested. It started when she was 3 and she's now 9, almost 10. My ex-husband's nephew is the offender. There are TONS of issues with this situation but with school starting again, I'm mostly concerned this deliema. POS (my nickname for this person), graduated this past June. He will be attending football games and other "public" events at the high school. My daughter is getting more and more interested in these activites. How can I protect her and others from him?

Although he confessed to all 4 counts, once I found out and pressed charges, he is still allowed to attend these functions. My daughter is still scared of him. She can't say his name. We can't go through his neighborhood without her freaking out. How can I prevent him from attending these events?

Couple of things for you to consider before answering:
> My ex-husband is now ok with my children being around POS even though we agreed that they would never be anywhere that POS would be.
> All 4 incidences occurred while my daughter was with her father, her grandmother, her grandfather, her aunt, POS, her brother and another cousin.
> My son started attending the same high school last year. At that time I contacted the head of the education board in our county, POS's social worker, the sherriff's office, and the principle of the school. I let them know the situation. Told them that POS had pictures posted on his FB wall of him using drugs. I was trying to get him moved to a special school because of his actions. They did NOTHING.
> The principle assured me that my son would not be allowed to be with POS on school grounds. However, when my son moved in with his father in February, he started riding home with POS.

My point in stating all of the above is to let you know that I haven't sat around ignoring this and that my ex-husband seems to be okay with everything now.

How can underage molesters have more rights than the victims of their crime? How can an entire school board decided that it's okay for a convicted child molester remain in the same school as 12 and 13 etc.?

Any suggestions on next steps?

MomnDespair

Asked by MomnDespair at 5:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Who do the children live with? Who has custody?
    What actions were taken by the court because of his confession to all 4 counts?
    What does the custody agreement state?
    Has CPS been involved?
    Has your daughter been seeing a counselor?
    Have you filed a restraining order?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• How old was the nephew when this happened?
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Also a god point DJ
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• My son moved to his dad's this past February. My daughter lives with me.
    I haven't been able to confirm this but my understanding is that he had to attend counseling, 2 years of probation.
    Our custody agreement only states that we have joint custody. I have custodial custody. We basically wrote our agreement ourselves and had the attorney file it with the state.
    CPS was initially involved in the investigation as well as counseling for my daughter.
    She has received counseling.
    A retraining order was put in place at the time I filed charges.
    MomnDespair

Comment by MomnDespair (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• If he is a CONVICTED sex offender.... he should be on the registry which would alert others about him... also sex offenders are NOT allowed at childrens games... etc. Was he actually convicted and punished?
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• He was 13 the first time. Almost 15 when I found out and filed charges.
    MomnDespair

Comment by MomnDespair (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• How long did they grant for the restraining order? Can you go back and re-file for an extension of time if that has expired?
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I am curious if this was 6 years ago how old was he at the time?
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• If he has a restraining order, he must be away from anywhere she is, I would head back to court and make sure your ex's family enforces this, or else they will be in violation.
    I am shocked that he is allowed to be around minor children?
    I would make sure the judge/social worker or someone other than you impresses up on your ex's family that HE is not to be xx number of feet from her.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Because he was a juvenile at the time, he was not required to register as a sex offender.
    MomnDespair

Comment by MomnDespair (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2013