Sooo... what's your opinion on this?

(as a few of you know) i now have to share my kids with my convicted felon ex. im not really sure if they have to go over there starting this weekend or next, the order says effective aug. 20th but it's every other weekend and it doesn't say who starts. i don't think im going to bring it up unless he does... lol

anyway it also states that whoever has them in their care is suppose to provide for all of their needs. they don't have any clothes for them and i don't even know where they're going to sleep. the house is a 3 bedroom, he has one room, his mom the master and his pot smoking sister the other room. i do know that they have 2 toddler crib mattresses that i gave them last year when i didn't need them anymore.

so, would you send clothes for your kids or not?

part of me is being the overprotective mom that doesn't want my kids to go without clothes for an entire weekend, and doesn't want my 3 year old to sleep in her own pee if they don't buy pullups for her because she still wets the bed at night.

but the other part is saying, he doesn't pay C/S and he has a job so he has every reason to be able to buy clothes/pull ups/food for them and it's not my job to make sure that he does, is it? i dont see HIM worrying about how they're eating or being clothed while i've been the only one responsible for them for the last 4 years.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2013 in Relationships

• wow... it does feel really good to call him my ex and have it actually be TRUE.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• As good as it would feel to "stick it" to him, send them with clothes anyway. Their welfare is paramount, even if the court doesn't seem to think so.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Trufully you should talk to him about this stuff. Or just inform him. Sense you do not pay me CS. the cloths they are wearing are the only cloths I am sending. Explain about the night time pullups.
    Or wing it, sends some cloths and one pullup fpr each night. See what happens. If he does not send your cloths back with them. do not send any more cloths over.

Answer by louise2 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I agree with gdiamante, their welfare is all you should care about..

Answer by older at 6:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Sounds like a nightmare situation. I would send everything they need. The kids are the ones that will suffer. Bless their hearts. I know you won't sleep a wink while they are with him.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Yes I would send clothes. No need to traumatize the kids any further, no matter what the order is.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I'd send clothes with a note that these can remain at his house for the weekend so they have something to wear while he's shopping for their need THIS weekend. Have the kids call you if nothing is bought

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• You could casually call and say the kids are looking forward to being with you, they miss you. Do you need me to pack pull ups food and clothes for them or did you have a chance to go to walmart and get some of that stuff. That way it sounds like your offering but really your making a point that they need stuff. It won't take long for him to realize what they need once he's had them a while.

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 6:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I would send clothes, toiletries ( the travel ones) and pull ups this once, email him that this is the one and only time you will provide this to give him time to get what they will need.

Inform him that the clothes you send them in are to come home
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• conveniently, his mom bought them a couple new dresses a few weeks ago, so i will send them to his house in the clothes she bought, because i dont care if i get them back or not lol
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2013