What to do? Husband is homophobic.

I'm going home this weekend to visit family. A dear, old friend of mine has invited us to dinner at his house. He's a fabulous cook,wonderful guy and gay. He's drag queen gay. I could care less. I adore my friend.

My hubby is so homophobic and anti gay for his "religious reasons". Anyways, I can't go to my friends house for dinner without hubby, yet I'm scared he will pop off a nasty remark or sit silently rude all evening.

Would it be wrong of me to go alone? Would you chance it and bring your husband? Idk what to do ladies. I really want to see my buddy.

Ps...I'm a long time member here just to embarrassed to use my screen name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2013 in Relationships

• Tell your husband to keep his trap shut or there will be consequences from you. That just as he expects you to treat his friends with respect you expect the same from him.

If he can't follow that tell him you are going alone and leave him at a bar or something lol

At least that is what I would do.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• i'd go and tell him to leave his homophobic ass home, and maybe leave the bible out for him so he can actually read it instead of believe whatever he was spoonfed in his childhood.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• i feel that you should def go see your friend. if your hubby loves you he will try and go but if he just cant than he will let you go alone. if you miss your friend than i must say you should go.
    vivis.mommyy213

Answer by vivis.mommyy213 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I would tell him that he can be as homophobic as he likes, but you have every right to have your friends and you will see them as you please.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I'd go without him. He's entitled to his opinion but he's not entitled to go into someone's home/space and spew his crap. You should enjoy yourself without that worry
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I would go and leave him home. Nothing wrong with that. If my hubs were homophobic, I'd do it. Then again, I'd probably crack him upside his head, tell him to get over it, then go.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 7:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• There's no reason why he has to go.

Go alone and enjoy the time spent with your friend.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I would go alone and have a good time!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I did tell him if he acted up I would leave his butt in the middle of the woods on the way home. He'd be so lost he'd never find his way back to town.

His homophobia is from the way he was raised by very, very conservative parents. He's really a great guy and wonderful father, but he has a hang up with gays. That's pretty much the only fault I have with him.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• So you don't think it would be inappropriate for me to go alone?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2013