What are my chances of having Twins?

What are the chance of having twins after "ALMOST" having twins my first pregnancy.... My son was supposed to be a twin.... but the other amniotic sac had disappeared witched caused me not having twins.... so should i be considered about having twins with my next pregnancy.....

logansmommy2533

Asked by logansmommy2533 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Your odds are 3 in 100, according to the National Center for Health Statistics.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Just have to wait and see.

Answer by louise2 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• They are the same odds you had before. Each pregnancy is relatively the same. 3% chance. if I am not mistaken.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• okay my OBGYN said he wouldn't be surprised if i have twins the next time we are hoping for twins the next time :)
    logansmommy2533

Comment by logansmommy2533 (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• That happened to me with my second son. Our third pregnancy was a singleton. So basically... I had one pregnancy with the lost twin and two pregnancies without a twin. I have no idea the percentages. Guess you will just have to wait and see.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I read somewhere that there are a relatively high number of pregnancies that start out with twins, statistically speaking, but many times something happens to one of them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• i should also add that i am a twin myself but my twin wasnt fully developed at birth like i was at 37 weeks and she was only at 10 weeks...
    logansmommy2533

Comment by logansmommy2533 (original poster) at 2:31 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Sounds like you were an identical twin and that your sister suffered from twin to twin transfusion syndrome ... That would not increase your odds because identical twins are a purely random occurrence. However, your first pregnancy sounds as if you had vanishing twin syndrome (its MUCH more common than people realize) where one baby is lost and is absorbed by your body. This occurs with fraternal twin pregnancies and this would increase your chances ... but not much. Despite the fact that you can (apparently) release two eggs in one cycle, you will still need both to be fertilized and we all know that fertilization doesn't always occur when we hope for it. :)
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 6:20 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• thank you all so much for you input
    logansmommy2533

Comment by logansmommy2533 (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Aug. 31, 2013