Do you have fruit in your yard?

Our grapes and pears are ALMOST ready!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 10:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Mulberry tree,but those are for the birds

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• We have grapes. Our next-door neighbor has cherries and apples.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• We have a strawberry patch. They were delicious this year!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Does wild berries count?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• I was gonna say something clever about only when a certain someone was in it, but decided to be nice.

I don't have any fruit in my yard. At my old house, I had a pear tree and grapes. My ex kept mowing down the grape vine though.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Nothing except a occasional wild raspberry branch that pops up.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• Not where I live now. I miss my rhubarb, strawberries, and cherries!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• We have wild muscadine grapes but that's it. We're surrounded by woods, not great for gardening!

Answer by missanc at 11:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• We've actually got an orchard on the side of our house. Our fig tree is going crazy right now. I've been bringing bags and bags to work and sharing them with our neighbors, because the three of us don't eat figs ourselves. It was my dad's tree.

We have a pear tree that has a few pears on it, but it's not real big since we planted it only last year from bare root. We got ONE apricot from a year-old apricot tree. We've also got two lemon trees, only one of which has ever produced, and four orange trees; two navel and two blood. One of the blood orange trees produces dozens of oranges every year. The others don't do quite so well.

I've also got a grape vine, but it hasn't produced any fruit yet. It's another bare root planting from over year ago. I'm just happy to see leaves on it this year; it didn't even have that last year!

Answer by gdiamante at 11:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2013

• In the front yard I have 2 cherry trees, I would have had a lot of cherries this year, but someone stole ALL the cherries off of my trees. I also have strawberries, and an apricot tree in the front. Both did well this year. In the back I have 2 plum trees, 3 apple trees, and a pear tree. 3 grape vines, and some raspberry bushes. The plum, and the pear trees did nothing. The grapes and the apples are almost ready. The raspberries did well.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:29 AM on Aug. 23, 2013