Is there really no crying in baseball?

I mean if you get beaned in the head, or take a bat to the nuts, you're not supposed to shed a tear?

PS- I just noticed there's no "Sports" category here in Answers.

PartyGalAnne

Asked by PartyGalAnne at 2:19 AM on Aug. 23, 2013 in Just for Fun

• They will never put in a sports category here. Any time I post something sports related (I love most sports- but esp. football), there are hardly any other fellow sports nuts who reply. (usually 10 or less) So I usually put one of those ques. in JFF or Entertainment

As for the no crying rule, well, all I can say about that is FALSE! :p My dau has played softball for the past few years, & I can tell you, there IS crying in softball. And rightfully so. I guarantee, when a male player doesn't show it on the field, I'd bet money on him shedding some tears back in the locker room :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:39 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Nope, no crying in baseball. I didn't cry when I took a line drive to the shin in our backyard. It took 4 weeks to fade and you could see the seams for the first week. OK...I cried. But only a little!!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:32 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I didn't cry when I took a line drive to the shin in our backyard. It took 4 weeks to fade and you could see the seams for the first week.

Youch! I almost cried just reading that!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:38 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Why wouldn't cafemom have a sports category? That makes NO sense! And heck no you cant cry in baseball. No matter what gets beaned.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:22 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• There's a "Mom can cry clause" in baseball whenever her kid gets whomped. You had every right to bawl about that one PGA!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Yes there is crying. I have to admit I cried when I took a wild pitch to the hand and broke my pinkie.

BUT... I love that movie. Tom Hanks yelling the "no crying in baseball" is hilarious!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Beans, you say? I'm hungry for beans!
    PartyGalAnne

Comment by PartyGalAnne (original poster) at 2:30 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• My son got hit in the forehead with a bat. Split his eyebrow wide open. There was crying that day. Me AND him!!
    PartyGalAnne

Comment by PartyGalAnne (original poster) at 2:41 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• That is the stupidest rule ever!!! crying is a natural reflex to pain, why repress it???

Answer by older at 6:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I hated sports--doing them, not watching them. When our gym teacher decided we were going to play baseball I cried just about every minute. She finally got fed up and sat me on the sidelines, where I wanted to be in the first place!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2013