Do you ladies......

think you're settling in your relationships? Do you think you stay because it's easier then leaving, for which ever reason?

How would you know?

Sorry for the odd question, I just want to see where most women stand in their relationships!

Lizamafers

Asked by Lizamafers at 10:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband is the most perfect man I could ever ask for. Sure, he has his faults, but he's an amazing husband, an excellent father, and a great provider. We have been together since we were 21 (we're 24 now) and he's more than I deserve.
    He's patient, loving, considerate, he always fills up the gas tank and takes out our trash, so I don't have to do that stuff. He really takes care of me and I take care of him.
    I'm sad to hear that so many women who have such great men aren't happy to be with them. Hopefully they'll find someone one day who really appreciates them.
    My husband makes me so happy and I'm blessed to have found him
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• The ''how would you know'' question means, how would you know you were in fact settling and just aren't having a personal issue, meaning stress, exhausted, that sort of thing.
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 10:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I feel like I have an amazing hubby. He loves me, he adores me, he supports me and takes care of me. He isn't a drunk, he isn't abusive. He would never cheat.

Yet still- I'm not completely happy inside. I wish I would have been single longer. I feel like I've always been tied down to someone. I feel trapped.

Somedays I am so happy and on cloud nine. Then other days I wish he'd cheat on me so I'd have an excuse to leave but at the same time I feel like id be lost with out him.

Its a crazy feeling. ughh tonight sucks.
    Anonymous

• i stay with my SO bc i am lazy and im used to the routine here and its conveniet(sp) but i do wish i could leave.. ugh
    Anonymous

• Wow great answer anon! I completely understand what you mean, it just makes you wonder sometimes. I love my so very much, but sometimes with petty arguments and such I wonder if I can deal with those petty things for the rest of my life, it's hard 'cause nothing and no one is perfect. SO no matter where you go I highly doubt it will be 'perfect'
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 10:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• and I know that. I guess I'm sad because I got married young, I've only been married like 8 months. And I'm just ugh. I feel like I could write a book. He's truely amazing. Yet I tihnk about exs and just would like to do dinner with one. And get closure from another in which that ended 5 years ago. I just want to go out and have fun. I want to paint the walls however I want BECAUSE IM AN ADULT AND I CAN. I want to go buy a puppy because I CAN. I want to make those decisions ON MY OWN*
    Anonymous

• I ask myself this all the time. Then today, my friend was talking about the lottery and asked me if I would leave my SO if I every won the lottery. Meaning if I had the means to be financially independent, which I could do without the lottery, but my answer was still no. I have days where I wish he would just disappear, days where I ask myself why I put up with everything he does or doesn't do, but in the end I can't imagine him not being here by my side.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I'm happy with dh. I don't feel that I 'settled.' However I do think that I underestimated how difficult it would be to marry outside of my culture. His family has never liked me and although we have been married for over ten years they have never warmed up to me. They also have a lot of expectations that they place on him (they told him his priorities are wrong for putting the kids and I ahead of what they want!) and although he and I agree on what the priorities should be, ten years of hearing his parents complain about everything we do has worn very thin. Much as I love my dh, I didn't know it would be so hard and I always thought things would improve with his family over time- instead it has actually gotten much worse as the years go by.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Wow all great answers! Looking around at some men out there (friends boyfriends and such) I realize it could be so much worse, I feel like a complete ass sometimes for thinking these things when Kevin is, well, great! He's always been there for me, great father, treats me great. I wondered about how everyone else felt also, because I'm in a weight battle with myself since after having my son, I'm really self-conscious about my body (which I'm working on) I hate to think this problem within my self could jeopardize my relationship, or is that just an excuse
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 10:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have the same problem with my weight. Just before I became pregnant I had lost almost 80lbs. Now I have it all back and it makes me sick sometimes. My SO always tells me that it doesn't bother him, and I know that is the truth, but it still irritates me.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2009