I used to be a stay-at-home mom. So i had the time to look four the right style & color or what picture it just had to have for my 3 boy"s. We had to make some changes in our are world.

I had to get a second job. And now running late on find the coolest backpack for school.. I still need to more. one sling with skulls on it. And i cam find them. But there just not in my price range. Please tell me where to i can find cool backpack cheap. I had to get a job for reason.

Smurfette96

Asked by Smurfette96 at 3:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• google sling backpacks with skulls

luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• look on ebay?

tell your kid that you can't find what they want and will have to have a different one?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Maybe it's time for the kids to learn they can't always get what they want. If you had to get a job to pay bills, and what they want isn't in your price range, just tell them that.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:08 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• What is your price range? I found one on Kmart.com for $15.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:13 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Wendy, said what I was going to say. Couldn't say it any metter then that.

Answer by louise2 at 7:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• ToysRUs has cool backpacks for $15 & you get a free lunch bag with that purchase.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• If you really can't find it, then yes, I think that (what wendythewriter wrote) is what you tell your child. But I don't see anything wrong with trying to find the desired style & pattern in your price range, which is what you are trying to do.

Check the Kmart.com site mommy_jules mentioned and see if that works. It may be in a local Kmart as well, or they might have a favorable shipping policy (free shipping, or ship-to-store for pickup.) There could be other sites as well...if you share your price range it would be easier to know if a suggestion would fit or not.

In the end if you don't find something, that is what you tell your son(s). If he's upset, try to acknowledge his feelings & care about them, without "doing" too much beyond showing your understanding. Let him know you wanted it to work out & you tried (even asking here for help searching!) and that you feel sad & disappointed that you couldn't find what he wanted.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:19 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I didn't do a very comprehensive search, but Sears.com had some in the $20 range.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:26 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Exactly what Wendy said. If you focus on the "cool" stuff you're teaching the kids that looks are more important than they really are. They need to understand that not everything will be cool, and sometimes what's cool is really stupid.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:10 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• My kids get what they get and they don't throw a fit. Money has been tight in our house for years now. The kids get a new backpack every three years or so. They are used to not being able to get everything they want, and because of that they are very good about looking at prices of everything. I think it teaches a valuable lesson to be open with kids about financial things and just say, "well we can't quite afford that one right now, how about this one instead?" Then try to find something "cool" but reasonable.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2013