Waterbeds

Is there anything I need to know about them? I have slept in one a couple times, but never owned one. Our neighbor is selling us theirs because we need a new bed anyway. If we don't like it dh said we can just get a regular mattress later, but I don't know how to care for one or anything. I am already planning on keeping kids and animals out of our room

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Aug. 23, 2013 in Home & Garden

• they can be COLD...sheets don't tend to stay on them well and make sure you put the waterbed chemical stuff in there so the water doesn't get gross.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:43 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• how often do you have to put that in there?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• It says on the bottle how much to use based on mattress size. Is it the type of bed with just the bladder or is it encased in a fabric mattress shell ?
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• hmmm I am not sure lol. I have only ever glanced at it and never seen the mattress part of it. Hubby has seen it saying it was really nice, but I don't know if he ever seen the mattress part either lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• *yeah- the one's I'm talking about are the ones without the matress type shell... THOSE, I have no experience with
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• ok thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I had one when I was a kid. It was fun then, but I wouldn't have one now. lol They do stay cold most of the time, and sheets don't stay on, and they are sometimes hard to get out of. Oh, and I don't know if this applies to all of them or if it was just the kind I had, but I used to hit my knee, or ankle, or arm on the - I'm not sure what to call it, the container, I guess? The thing that held the mattress. And it hurt!

You have to make sure you don't put anything sharp on or near the mattress, because for as thick as you might think it is, it doesn't take anything to poke a hole in it. Animal claws, and even sharp nails on a person, can do it. You do need chemicals for it, but I don't remember what they were exactly or how much you use.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:54 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Watebeds can be hard on your back, so take that into account if you have any issues like that. They are cold unless they have a heater in them, in which case they're very warm and wonderful.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2013