Is there anything wrong with not having dressers lol

My dresser is falling apart and so is my youngest 2 (they share a room and dresser) so I was actually thinking of getting ride of the dressers to make more room in the bedrooms and because of their room and the toys and furniture there isnt enough room. Our house has a lot of closet spaces with shelves. We have a closet in each bedroom so 3. Then 2 in the hallway which makes 5 then 3 down stairs so a total of 8 closets so I was thinking of using them to put their clothes in and not worrying about buying new dressers right now. Is there anything wrong with that? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2013 in Home & Garden

• My younger two don't have a dresser in their room... never have. We have a large closet with shelves next to the washer and dryer (in the main hallway of our house) and their clothes live in there. The clothes become toys if they are in the bedroom.

It is just fine to keep them in a closet. I would suggest having bins on the shelves though, it makes the organizing sooo much easier.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:09 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• we have never really had dressers...I hang all the shirts, and we use the closet with some shelves for the rest of them

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:08 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Why not?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:50 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I don't see a problem with it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:50 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Nope. My boys never used dressers. They had closets with shelves and bins for things like socks that don't stay put on shelves so well. Out worked fine
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Ok just making sure it wasn't going to look weird with no dresser lol. My 2 year old always takes them out of the drawers anyway and my kids don't know how to shut the drawers and always has clothes hanging out lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• We got rid of our dressers too.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 23, 2013