Weird reaction suddenly to household chemicals?

so lately, like maybe within the last 3 weeks or so, ive noticed that my throat feels tight when i use some of my household chemicals. it's the worst when im using my 409 for cleaning my kitchen countertops, but just had it happen again upstairs when i was using Lysol bathroom cleaner and a knock off brand of windex. i dont remember ever having this issue before, and it sucks. i can breathe fine but it just feels tight. obviously i need to stop using the chemicals. im just wondering if they've changed their formulas or something... but then it's not just the 409 so it can't be that. you ladies that use all natural cleansers- how do you clean your mirrors/windows?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 23, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Trust me. Allergies can magically appear at any time. Remember when Aleve sent me to the ER?

As to windows- easy peasy. Vinegar, water, splash of dish soap. Use newspaper instead of paper towels for streak free finish.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:52 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I use vinegar and water to clean my mirrors and windows.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• damn feral! glad you're okay. ive used the vinegar in the bathroom before on the countertops and it worked great. guess it's just the miracle solution for everything ;)
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Aug. 23, 2013

• oh- yeah. I am fine. Just will never ingest another NSAID again :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Yes,vinegar is magical
    I only use vinegar,baking soda,rubbing alcohol,peroxide,and Dawn for cleaning
    Oh and Pledge for wood. My only vice

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• If it has lye in it then that's probably why. I am very sensitive to Fantastik cleaner (sp). Maybe because of the high humidity/heat, the chemicals stay in the air longer then when it's dryer weather & evaporate faster so you are breathing more of it in. I'd wear a mask if you continue to use that stuff.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I use Mrs Meyers cleaning products or Method and the vinegar/water.Glad you are OK and throw that stuff out. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2013