When's the last time you fell down?

This morning, something fell out of the laundry basket and I tripped on it. Both of my knees and one of my elbows hurt. My ear scraped on the side of the basket vents (though I guess I should be happy I didn't land on top of it and get impaled on plastic)

It feels like I've been in a car accident or something - I forget all about it, then I move and everything aches again. Is this how getting old works? Cause it sucks.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Ish, I'm sorry you injured yourself but glad it wasn't worse.

I fell down an entire flight of stairs a month or so ago. I hurt for days.

I doubt it's an age thing for you but I will tell you that I find myself falling a lot more now than I did a few years ago. Usually it's nothing major but the stairs thing was nuts.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I fell last Sunday and I'm still recovering from it. My dang cat was in the dark hallway sprawled out and I tripped over him. I have a nasty bruise on my thigh, black eye from hitting the corner wall, twisted ankle....I'm still sore, but much better today. Im so accident prone its not funny.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I slipped on wet wooden stairs and landed right on my butt and back. I was wrecked for days, my girls came flying out of the house to help me. That's what made me feel old, I should be helping THEM up!! I'm not into role reversal,lol.
    Feel better NP and maybe a soak in epsom salts followed by a little arnica cream is in order.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I am so sorry. When you can a cool shower may help.
    Try to move every hour or so , so you don't stiffen up.

I fell about two years ago. DD insisted she had to go out and it wasn't too bad yet. I did not want her to go alone but I want to wait until morning. I gave in. I was careful and in my extra good shoes with the really good traction treads. All was well until I touch the handle of the car door and my feet were literally swept out from under me and for some reason I did not let go of the handle (door still closed) until I hit the ground. THEN DD decided it could wait until morning. I was fine but achy. I feel for you, I really do. Oh advil or alieve help too..
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• you know, i cant remember the last time i had a good fall. ive tripped plenty of times but it must have been a while since i fell down.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I fell down last month coming down a very steep trail. I scraped up my leg pretty bad.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• A few months ago I slipped on a magazine that was on the floor. I had a huge bruise on my hip.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I was getting out of the backseat of my friend's car, he had just taken his seat belt off and it slipped right behind the seat to trip me as I pulled my foot out. I fell hard on the asphalt and had little rock imbedded in my knees and palms. It hurt so bad, but I didn't want them to know how bad it hurt, so I sucked it up and went and had to do some deep breathing in the bathroom. I was with a group of really tough guys and didn't want to be seen as the sissy little girl. gah!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I almost fell yesterday and nearly face planted into a convertible car parked at the curb I was stepping off of. I caught myself, but rolled my foot/ankle pretty good. The last time I fell was on the stairs a few months ago, I was going too fast and my foot slipped out from under me. Thankfully I was only about 3 stairs up from the landing at the time.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Last winter. The sidewalk was icy and I slipped and fell HARD on my ass and scraped up my hand. I hope no one saw me,or heard me,because many expletives came flying out of my mouth

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2013