Nesting...

Hey all, 32 weeks and counting with my first, a baby boy. Right after I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks, I went through a spurt of nesting which quickly burnt itself out with a bit of vacuuming and scrubbing. But for the past couple weeks it's like every little bit of clutter, dish in the sink or dirty sock compels me to get up no matter how tired I am. I feel like I'm going nuts, especially since usually I hate to clean. Anyone else been through the intense nesting urge that can offer a pat on the shoulder or some advice for how to reign it in? Even when I finish in one room I go back an hour later and feel compelled to reclean!

Reulia

Asked by Reulia at 10:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You may just be going through another phase. i did periodically with my pregnancies. clean everything all day and then hate it... in another month i would clean and organize and then hate it again. The old wives tale says its a sign "the end is near" haha. the end of your pregnancy that is. but at 32 weeks, i would say you might just be getting the itch again. it should end and come back right before the baby comes. :-) Theres nothing wrong with a clean house. hehe
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 10:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My son is 12 weeks and I'm still nesting. I love it though because I like things to be perfectly clean lol. It's your motherly instincts, you're not going to be able to curb it. You can try to force yourself to let things go but it's just going to end up bothering you.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I nested very badly! The doctor had told me I couldn't lift anything heavier than a gallon.. I was having some friends help me rearrange my room and realized at 2am I wanted the TV elsewhere... So my dumb@$$ picked up the darned thing and had to move it right then.. It'll get better for awhile then a little worse the closer you get to your due date.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I went though it.Nothing help me but to clean.Im sure once the baby comes it will be alot better for you.You will let stuff go to care for your baby.
    Jennifer_24

Answer by Jennifer_24 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009