If you knew someone was ripping off the system, would you report them?

I've seen it on here & IRL. I've reported someone for welfare fraud & I would again in a heartbeat.

If you are a system abuser, why do you do it?

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 2:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2013 in Money & Work

• Yes, I would. One reason we have so much dishonesty today is that we have not held people accountable.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• They should consider a stupidity tax - like the one the other day trying to sell food stamps. Cheating, by virtue of how much has to be done to get and stay approved, requires more work than just getting a job.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I absolutely would, there are those that can't get it and deserve it and then these people who lie and cheat the system get it and don't even deserve it!

luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 2:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• IDK, I'm not a system abuser. My own mother has done some questionable system things in the past but, I've never reported her. I don't think what she did was technically "illegal" but, perhaps "unethical".
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I agree with Luv. I feel bad for those who can't get it because someone is cheating the system.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Yes because there are so many who need it and can't get it because of cheaters.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 3:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I would if I had proof or knew exactly how they were doing it. I've never been on 'the system', but I would be too afraid of the consequences to cheat the system. I'm just the Pearson that gets caught for everything, so I usually follow the rules and color within the lines.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• It would depend if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt or not. A lot of times people will lie about their situation to not appear so bad off, even while admitting they get help from the government. I would hate to report someone who was just being too proud to admit that their income is as bad as it really is.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Most of the time they tell on themselves.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Yes in a heartbeat. I have and would again.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2013