Depo Provera: your experience?

Anyone have a depo experience they can share??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2013 in Health

• My only experience is don't take it and then complain you haven't been able to get pregnant 2 months after you decide not to get the shot anymore, LOL
    I do think there are better options of BC.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I was on it yrs ago... for about 2 yrs.. I loved it every 3 months get a shot and be done and hubby was happy... only thing is I get the shot in the butt cheek cause the shot cause soreness less sore in the ceeck. but in the arm oh my talk about a dead arm for about 24 hrs. I also never got a period.. no cramps or bloating I loved that.. but when dh and I decided 1 more kid it took a lil over a yr to get pregnant. now my dh is fixed so no more depo. I also didn't gain weight which I hear is sometimes a side affect..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I loved it. Had none of the negative side effects, and got pregnant right away after it.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I got fat and was moody, shot hurt like hell too. Never got pregnant though!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I gained a lot of weight. and when I finally stopped it took almost a year to get pregnant. With my sister, it took her like 5-6 years to get pregnant after depo.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 12:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• hated it made me fat and bitchy was 2 weeks late getting it (yes my fault) got pregnant with my first baby
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• My experience was that it wasn't for me. I gained weight, I hated the stick in my ass every 3 months, and I swear I felt more moody and down with the thing.. I only started taking it so I could continue breastfeeding without getting pregnant. It was the best move I did getting off of it, i switched to the IUD and I'm happier!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:27 AM on Aug. 26, 2013