What else can I tell her?

I just registered my dd10 for cheerleading back April and so far this month they started practicing. Well when it time to handout all equipment they specifically said to take special care of your poms bc those you will have to turn in at the end of the season.
So I told dd why don't we tie a small little rope inside your poms and let it stick out alittle so you can tell those are yours in case they get mixed up so she agreed. Well this evening they had a pap rally and some how she lost her poms. Now she is very upset bc she says she came On my way! With some nasty feeling and not well taking care of poms she says they feel gross. I told her its ok they are not yours to keep butsheslike I know but I wanted my poms that I had from the first day. Even though I understand how she feels but it really isn't any big of a deal or should I say something tithe coaches? I don't want to sound too picky.
Sorry so long but thanks for your input ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'm confused. She got poms that she has now lost...but after that I can't understand what is going on...they gave her new ones? and she wants the old ones back?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I'm lost as well.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I would ask her coach about it. You went to the trouble of tying the rope in hers, and I can understand that she wants her set back. Good luck. Ask the other cheerleaders if they can give her set back to her. I'm sure they won't mind doing it.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 10:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Seems like this should be easy to fix: just ask whoever got those to exchange with her.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Her poms got mixed up with someone else's? That person is probably wondering why there's a rope in her set. Just have the kids trade back.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2013