my baby wants to be held all the time, what should i do?

she is 3.5 month, she cries continuously until she gets held.

RahmaAbdoun

Asked by RahmaAbdoun at 11:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wear her in a sling

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Have you tried swaddling her?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• Hold her? Make sure there isn't something else making her uncomfortable. My son would cry constantly if he was put down, turned out he was having trouble digesting the formula.

At 3.5 months there isn't much else you can do. Does she like the swing perhaps?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• She's still fresh out of the womb. I agree with the sling idea. I wore one with my son because I had my hands full of a toddler too. He loved it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• my youngest was like that. i bought a moby sling and wore him all the time...it really helped. he was happy and i was able to get stuff done. at this age its not going to spoil her to be held as much as you can...it goes so fast!

also, try a swing...they are amazing for soothing a baby.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2013

• I would have been sunk without a swing. But I agree with Okmanders, slow down and hold that baby as much as you can because before you know it, she'll be wanting to crawl, toddle, run, drive--you get the picture.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:27 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Go ahead and hold her. Check this out too: Children Need Touching and Attention, Harvard Researchers Say

Answer by gdiamante at 12:47 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Cuddle away! I used a bjorn type baby carrier around the house if I wanted to get stuff done and have my hands free. The sling is also good. It's normal for a baby to want to be held a lot when they are that small.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Yes, get a sling or a carrier. My son was the same way. He was a very alert baby and always wanted to be up where he could look around and observe and be a part of the action, lol. Even now he's a very nosey 5 year old!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Don't pick her up all the time when she cries or she will learn that crying means she WILL get picked up eventually. Pick her up when she's quiet sometimes. Give her a big soft toy (without small parts) so she doesn't feel lonely. At her age, it is normal though. She will start to develop security over time so she won't need you as much by the time she's around one year old. Give her a pacifier to help stop the crying. Turn on soft music to distract her. You have to train her that sometimes you leave, but it doesn't mean you're not close by. Sit close to her sometimes and talk to her but don't pick her up.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:28 AM on Aug. 24, 2013