Update on kittens for those interested.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/1348383/Kitten_question_TMI_if_you_are_sensitive_about_kitten_health

Scraps(Animal protection agency) came yesterday and the owner wasn't home, so they spoke with management who informed the tenant later that they would be coming today to see the kittens. She talked to my husband early this morning about trying to leave before they got here but they caught her home. She told them that she had just found out/noticed the sick kitten THIS morning(yeah right I informed her and showed her two days ago and she indicated that she had known), and that she had rushed it to the vet.

They asked for proof and of course she didn't have any that she took them. So they have to bring the kittens to the Vet that SCRAPS works with. I haven't seen her so I don't know anymore then that and don't know how long she has to do so. I'm sure they will continue to follow up.

I have been in contact with both the chariety I contacted and one of the supervisors at Scraps and told them everything I know and showed them the pictures I took of the kittens.

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 24, 2013 in Pets

• Well that's something anyway. It would be nice if they just adopted them out because if there has to be that much arm twisting to get those people to take them to the vet when the kittens look like that, I don't have much hope they will be looked after properly in the future. You were right to report them. Good for you for looking out for those little kittens. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I told both the agency and the charity that if need be I would take the kittens and foster them. I don't know if they would take just the two sick kittens or the whole litter??(3 of them are healthy, two are ill).
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• From the sound of it, those people shouldn't be allowed to have Chia Pets. I'm glad you reported them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Well they also have children Ballard if you can believe it. From what I gather the father is really the main caregiver but the kids are at home with the mother during the day. She feeds them what she can heat up etc but I don't see her do much else with them except yell at them lol

I have been debating calling CPS on them only because she told me recently that she has a rope/string that she ties on their door to the bathroom door to keep them in their room at night...but I don't know if her just telling me that would be justification to call CPS as the kids seem well cared for(they are clean and fed) and the hose is clean for the most part. It appears that the father comes home from work and cooks dinner and cleans. While the locking them in the room is obviously not good I don't know if it is enough.
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Poor kitties (and kids). People suck.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:27 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Well at least those kittens are getting the medical help they need now.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:55 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Well I am glad that they started looking into it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:59 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I am glad they are going to be taken care of, sad for the kitties but more sad for the kids.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:58 AM on Aug. 24, 2013