You know its a bad thing when there is a bunch of shots being fired....

...and the person just looks backs back like "Same shit different day..." Its very sad that kids are so jaded and immune to gunshots, and death they just don't care anymore..

************************************************************

.."A California man is happy to be alive after he unwittingly drove through the crossfire of a brazen, broad-daylight street shooting — and captured the terrifying experience on video.

The unidentified driver had his dashboard camera rolling when he approached an intersection in Oakland, Calif., just as an armed assailant on the corner to his right pivoted, lifted his gun and fired at least 15 shots at a red car passing in the oncoming direction. 

The gunman, who was with an accomplice, kept shooting as the innocent dashcam driver passed between him and the intended target, the video obtained by KPIX 5 shows."I was scared to death. I feel unsafe to live in Oakland," the driver, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation, told KPIX 5 through a translator.

The startling video shows muzzle flash just inches from the windshield at the intersection of 23rd Ave. and East 23rd in East Oakland on Wednesday Several people were walking near the scene, including a boy who was crossing the street with what looked like his school backpack. 

Incredibly, the boy did not run, duck or hide. He kept walking casually down the street as he turned to see the gunman in the blue hoodie and watched the potentially deadly crime unfold.

The scared driver, meanwhile, wasn't injured, but a bullet reportedly struck the hood of his vehicle.

According to KPIX 5, Oakland police interviewed the driver and promised to visit the scene, but did not make an immediate copy of the video.

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• This is near the neighborhood my husband is from. I tried to show him the video, he watched the first like 10 seconds and then turned away and just said "that's why I left". Crazy scary.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:04 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Wow. This is what the world is coming to?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Wow
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• That's just crazy! I can't imagine living like that. Or being around when something like that took place. That kid w/ the back-pack just seemed so used to it & when he saw they weren't shooting at him, he just kept going. Not running, but still just walking. That's crazy too. I hope they catch the thugs before they end up hitting their target next time. Because you know there'll be a next time.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:23 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Not to far from where my son lives, part of the reason he is looking to move across the bay. When he first moved to Oakland the area he was in was "trying" to do an urban renewal, but unfortunately some spots it is just a losing battle. Now he lives closer to the Lake but not much better.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 10:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2013