Is it really bad to send out my 2yr old sons b-day invitation today, when its planned for the 31st? adult content

Now just to clear the record, I wasnt being a lazy mom and waiting for the last minute. I had started calling all the closest parks/state parks surrounding us about 2-3 weeks ago. NOT realizing that people from our area took Labor Day so seriously and began booking the sites, cabins and pavillions up to 11 months prior. So I asked if I could be put on a cancleation list so that I would be first come first serve. Exactly 11 days ago I got a call that there was a cancleation and that if I wanted it, I had to put a down payment on that day. (Even though I throughly asked the questions on how everything worked out with the payment.) Yet I was still told that this was ok, if I put AT LEAST 10% of total fee down as down payment. Even after I explained that my husband did NOT get paid until TODAY. So of course I went ahead with what the women told me. Sent out all the invitations that night with spcefic directions to loacation and everything. Just to find ou today that when I called to make final payment on the pavallion that it was already rented away and that its a first come first serve basis. And that the women who explained all the other information to me was brand new and only working there 2 weeks. So with that said I asked for my refund and told that "If I had bothered to read the fine print under rules/regulations, I would have understood that when putting down a down payment, unless its paid in full within 3 buisnes days they are required to give the spot away if someone else asks about it and has the full amount of cash on them that day to pay in full." Saying shes sorry her employee given me the wrong information but there are no refunds for situations such as these "because its partially my fault for not doing my research on the website and that she would talk to this person!" So I had to go out and buy brand new invites and completely change the location that 100% shitter than the 1st, send them out within a lousey week and still hope to God that these people will understand and still come considering its for my little boy whos only 2 = (
What would ya'll suggest me writing in the car ad an apology for the mishap and inconvience?

lindsey.tutino

Asked by lindsey.tutino at 1:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2013 in Entertainment

• Ugh, that sucks!! Totally some crap that would happen to me lol. But yeah, I would just resend out invites with the new location. I'm sorry. What a shitty ordeal!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:22 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• And I wouldn't bother with an explanation. You can tell if people ask but I wouldn't put it out there, people will just think something came up and you had to move the venue (which is true anyway). I hope the party goes well otherwise though!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Why do they need an explanation?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:28 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Just let folks know there was a problem with the booking. But there might be a lot of folks who've already made other plans for Labor Day weekend.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I agree with Mae. What a drag, but just send out the new info and skip the explanation unless someone asks in person.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I think it's fine. In fact, it seems like perfect timing because people's schedules are always changing and no one remembers events that are planned way too in advance. I would just make a small mention on the invitation, such as "Due to a last minute cancellation, we were finally able to get our reservation for the park for [son's name]'s birthday. We hope you can make it."
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:14 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I wouldn't worry about it too much- just send new invites...

WHY make such a big deal over a party for a TWO yr old anyway?
    I would have just done it at home...he's not gonna remember it anyhow

but yeah- I think this is a decent time to send them- not too far out but not like 2 days before either ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:09 AM on Aug. 24, 2013