How to potty train a 2 year old girl?

i have a 2 year old girl and i was wondering what is the best way to potty train her. i introduced her to the toilet and she sits on it but she doesnt let me know if she needs to go to the restroom.

vivis.mommyy213

Asked by vivis.mommyy213 at 2:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She may not yet know when she needs to go. The trick is to watch for patterns, like if she usually has her bowel movements in the morning or evening, and have her sit on the toilet when she gets up in the morning or from a nap, about a half hour after she eats, and also if you see signs such as her wiggling or touching her crotch. he'll have that "ah ha" moment when she figures out the feeling that goes with needing to use the toilet, but at two, she may or may not be physically ready yet.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• it may be too soon for her

what we did was take away diapers/ pull ups- she only wore underwear (except for bed) and we used candy as reward for going.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Google "toilet training readiness" and look at several links plus look at some links on toilet training. I agree she might be a littl bit too young right now.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:55 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• When I was going through the potty training thing, I took mine to the bathroom with me and sat 'em down on their own little toilet while I went. They eventually figured it out.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2013