I had my son fully potty trained but after about a week he stopped pooping in the toilet and back in his pull up again he still pees in the potty but I have tried everything it seems like

klestick541

Asked by klestick541 at 2:23 AM on Aug. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• How old is he? You're saying he was using the toilet completely for a week and then he stopped? Depending on his age and if there's anything else going on, maybe take away the pul-ups and put him in underwear?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:34 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• He's three and I tried that but stillcthe same results
    klestick541

Comment by klestick541 (original poster) at 2:55 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Sometimes children are afraid of the flush sound. Sometimes they are afraid that they'll be sucked down just as the waste is. Another idea would be that he wants control- in this case you'd need to ignore his bathroom habits or be very low key about them, and I would have him clean up any mess. Putting him back in diapers may signal it is OK to not use the toilet, so may underwear that he likes- and must clean out if it gets soiled. Or you can wait a month or so and try again. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 7:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Many times children regress a little after learning and then they soon get back on track. Take him every hour and a half or so OR if you know the time of day that he usually poops, sit and read some books to him while he sits on the potty. Stay calm and matter of fact. He'll get there!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Stay calm and just remind him that you are their to help if he needs it. Watch him closely or set a timer for potty breaks. Try using stickers or lollipop as a reward. Sometimes sitting in the bath room with them help and others feel shy and want privacy. Try different things but don't get pissed or punish it will make him feel bad and the situation may get worse instead of better.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 5:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2013