I don't know how to start a life without my husband? I can't find a job so I can move on with my life it feels hopeless...

Nikita230

Asked by Nikita230 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• Did your husband pass away or are you going thru a divorce? What job skills do you have? Have you thought of going back to school? Are you staying with family? Do you know anyone who has a business who may be able to hire you for a couple months until you find something permanent?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I am sorry you feel this way, could you add some more detail? Did your husband leave you, die, deployed?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Nothing is ever hopeless unless you allow it to be, by giving up. Since you're here, I assume you have children, so that's not an option. They are depending on you. Call your local United Way (211), your local Jobs & Family Services & local churches. They can help assist you & your family until you are back on your feet again. It also helps to have a good support system, like family & friends who live nearby so they can help you out. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Don't know how you feel about childcare and homemaking jobs, but you might look at care.com and sittercity.com. Use the pulldowns to search for jobs. They have jobs in child care, senior care, pet care, tutoring, housekeeping, etc . Some ads even say bring your child along. Pay can be pretty good depending on where you live. You might have to write up a profile to search at sittercity, but I think you can browse at care.com without a profile. Google your state and /or county and search their website for programs for moms like you if you could use some social services. GL hug.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 11:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Need more info? Are you trying to leave him or did her die?

Answer by louise2 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I don't know the details of your situation, but if your husband is no longer around for whatever reason and you are still alive, then you've already started your life without him. You just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other, one step at a time. Think about the job skills you have, where you are and where you would like to be. Then set small goals. Don't look at the whole lifetime ahead of you; look at today, tomorrow, next week.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• You take on breath and then you take another.
    You keep looking for a job and if you are qualified for nothing you get some training so that you an get a job.
    You have to do these things for your children who depend on you to make a life for them.
    Since you o not say whether we are talking diorce or death. I can offer little other advice wihout expecting to say the wrong thing.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2013