I keep waking up my 12y/o dd in my bed....what to do

So my daughter has always had trouble sleeping, but she has been in her own bed for years. Lately, just in the last month, she as been comming in my bed in the middle of the night. We send her right back to her bed, but has anyone else ever had this happen? She is not having any other behavior issues at home or school. Any suggestions.....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Sounds like she needs some comfort and knowing you are there in the night. You need to sit with her and ask her what is going on. Find out if she is having nightmares. Let her stay a night with you. I love cuddling with my kids. All too soon she'll want to have nothing to do with you. LOL. Forget school counselors. You are the mom. You need to counsel her.
    Coll13

Answer by Coll13 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i think she is old enough to understand whats gong on if you explain to her that she has to sleep in her own bed. also maybe you should tlak to her and find out whast wrong. maybe shes afraid to tell you. hope this help.
    Anonymous

• Maybe it's time to have her talk to the school counselor, I know that might sound crazy or extreme, but sometimes there are little things going on at school that can really bother middle schoolers. She can have someone to confide in at school and it may help her sleep at night. Other than that, maybe you could make some special time for her that isn't in the middle of the night! Maybe a movie night or some extra cuddling (my 11 yr old really still likes me to tuck her in) at bedtime. Sometimes we even still pull out one of her favorite little kid stories. It's easy to forget they are still "little" in so many of their emotions.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My almost 11 year old is in my floor every morning. She just drags her blanket and pillows in there and lays down. I usually find her because I step on her. Shes been doing this forever so we don't know any different. I say whatever makes her feel comfortable..but she has to begin the night in her own bed.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2009