I went to the store and bought..

A pint of Hagen Dazs ice cream. The container says 14oz!
Now I know it's been a long time since I've been to school, but isn't a pint 16oz??

The company is shrinking the size of their containers, wouldn't you think honesty is in the best interest of this company?
They should stop advertising it as a pint if it's not IMO

Are 5.00 footlongs at Subway really a foot long?

KTElite

Asked by KTElite at 12:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2013 in Food & Drink

• The article is a couple of years old but the info is still upsetting

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Everything is getting smaller. Have you seen a Klondike Bar? It's like 1/2 the thickness. Less for us more money for them.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I've never measured the foot longs... I'll remember that next time I buy it though. LOL!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Let's grab our tape measurers and stand in line at Subway glaring at the employees.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I read an article somewhere about the Subway foot long.Can't find it now.It was written humorously but was a real comparison.Most foot longs are a foot maybe a tiny bit less but pretty true to their size ,at least in the NY stores he went to.....What a relief ...at least we can believe in Subway lol ; )

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• thats normal. on Blue Bell containers that actually put "still a gallon!" or "still a pint!". they actually use what should be common place to market b/c so many companies are cutting down their sizes. i think its JIF that advertises they're still selling 18oz containers. companies claimed consumers would rather pay the same price for less than pay more for the same size...which i think is BS.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Yeah, as far as I know a pint is still 16 oz. That should be illegal, and it's enough to make me not purchase a product. Just put 14 oz and don't advertise it as a pint unless it's a pint!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I hate false advertising!
    KTElite

Comment by KTElite (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Did it say 14 0z/1pint. Or 14 oz

Answer by louise2 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I have quit buying some products because of the size discrepancy, or because of getting less product than before in a box that's the same size, but packaged in such a way that there's less product and it's hard to tell. The companies are counting on the fact that most people won't be observant and won't notice at all.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2013