my daughter is 3 and answers back alot i dont know what to do????she talks back to me and i dont want to spank her,please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• exlain to her that she is not big enoug to talk to an adult like that and that it is desrespect! i know you said she was 3 but maybe everytime she does that.. tell her thats not nice and that you are not goping to listen to her if she dos it again.. i dunno, im sorry if this sounds bad, im just trying to help.. my son is 3 and he will often tell me "i dont have to"! or i cant"! and i just tell him well i dont have to do anything for you either! and when he wants me to do anything for him, i tell him i dont have to. so i play it back on him and he doesnt like it
    Anonymous

• thank you for ur suggestion.im going to try that cause im going nuts already.lolol
    Anonymous

• Every time she says something that you consider rude or inappropriate, simply tell her "We don't speak like that in our family. Please say..." and then give her the words to express herself respectfully. Have her repeat back to you and make sure that everyone in your family is speaking the way you want her to learn. Practice practice practice - it's the only way she'll learn how to speak the way you want her to...she can't read your mind, you've got to teach her. When she doesn't repeat back to you or refuses to speak respectfully, put her in think time away from you until she decides to make a good choice and use her manners. Be consistent with this and in time, you'll only need to remind her to use her manners. Good luck!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Keep at it. And every time she wants something from you.. don't do it. "Sorry, but I heard a mean girl talking to me and I only converse with nice girls." I did this whining and crying and now we have the mean tone to deal with... each time, she gets it, she hates seeing me upset.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I would always have my daughter repeat the things I said to her... Like "What did mommy say?" And she would have to say it again with me.

She usually listens pretty good, but seriously... It just comes with that age. Maybe not a spanking but a "time out" might be in order.
    AmberMoffat

Answer by AmberMoffat at 8:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My three year old is as moody as a teenager she talkes back a lot to, I never spank! but she does get time outs, I say i put you in time out for blank , when I get her out I ask her if she knows why I put her in time out make her tell me, I tell her we dont talk like that you made mommy sad you hurt my feelings and ask her to apolagize. Tough age too, good luck.
    deliriousmommy

Answer by deliriousmommy at 12:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2009