I kept feeling an awful pinch in my knee while I was walking... adult content

I have bad knees so i wasn't that surprised, but it really hurt. I was like what the heck could this be?

Finally I lifted my pant leg and there's this half an inch black thing piercing my skin.

I pulled it out and can't figure out what it is. It looks like maybe a cat hair but it's sharp- sharp enough to get stuck in a layer of my dermis!

.... Like a shred from a wire maybe? A funky cat hair/black whisker start? A spider leg? A giant stinger?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2013 in Health

• Holy shit! I wonder what it is! I would be sure to clean the area with hot soapy water and put some antibiotic ointment on it to be safe.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I'm guessing some kind of wire- a cat hair wouldn't puncture the skin.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Did you figure out what it was?

Answer by louise2 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Ouch!! LOL

It makes sense for it to be a wire. These are fleece jammie pants so if there was a wire in SOs pocket or something it would have gotten stuck in my fabric. He's always splicing wires for no reason.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• It's an alien...
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I have had a cat hair pierce right through the bottom of my foot. The hair is so fine and the tip is so pointy/ fine that it just slips right in. I had a doctor tell me that. I couldn't even see that there was a hair. I was sure a shard of glass but no it was a cat hair.

I am glad you found it and pulled it out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2013