Does your DH/SO ever do this to you!?

He invited 4 people to dinner tonight! He went to the store and ran into some friend and their wives. He invited them to dinner!

BUT here is the kicker. He invited them over to BBQ. I've had unstuffed cabbage rolls cooking all day in my CP. that's what we were going to have.

Now, I'm defrosting t bone steaks and boiling potatoes to make tater salad. I need another side too. Ugh ugh. I want to kill him right now.

Does this happen to you?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 5:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Do you have pork and beans? Some corn.

Answer by louise2 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Not that situation but he will come home with food and cook dinner sometimes when I have already made something.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Nah, I do have some pinto beans in the freezer. Im thinking I might just serve the cabbage rolls with it. I made enough to freeze for two more dinners. I wonder of that would seem odd. Hmmmmmmmm.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Yes but I wouldn't be as upset if he planned on helping prepare everything! I think baked beans and maybe dinner rolls would be fine.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 6:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• No he doesn't do that because I'd tell him to get busy and start cooking then. I dont mind inpromptu visits but it's not ok if he invites them and then expects me to jump up and make it fun for everyone.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• If he ran into them at the store, then why not have them bring a side dish? Otherwise, those cabbage rolls would be your side. Yeah, I'd be a bit upset if mine did that to me. But if he was willing to do all or most of the work, then I'd just have a few drinks & be sociable. :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• my ex did that a few times, when he was still a soldier and suddenly 4 or 5 soldiers would be in my apartment and i cooked enough spaghetti or meatloaf or whatever for 2 adults and one 2 year old. im a bitch though, i made sure my ex knew that my kids eat first and if there wasn't enough, tough shit, theres a mcdonalds on the corner. i don't think you should have to throw a meal together unexpectedly like this, or you should atleast make him help you cook dinner.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Mac and cheese. Rolls, some sort of bread.

Answer by louise2 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I would love cabbage rolls with a steak, why not?!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• no- we plan for poker night- other than that, we don't just randomly invite people over
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2013