Anxiety or Am i just crazy?

Okay this sounds crazy but, I cant make it sound nice But anyway... My issue is that I have absolutely not patients for my own children. 2 & 5 they annoy me on daily basis. I Love them of course but, I just have no patience! Like not even a little it! what should I do!??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• Have you considered meditation?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I would really have to be around your kids to be able to tell you it is either you or your kids. As in badly behaving kids. No trying to say they are.

Answer by louise2 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Seek some help through your county or state or local hospital/doctor.......like parenting classes etc. Your OBGYN or pediatrician might have some resources they can suggest. Also Google your county and/or state and search their website for resources. Even a moms group through meetup.com might help. Your kids deserve it and you deserve seeing the best kids can bring you. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 6:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• sounds about right for a mom of a 2 and 5 yr old...

do you get ANY time to yourself? can you grocery shop alone, or go anywhere without them, or close yourself in your room for an hour to read or something?...what about during nap/quiet time?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• It's 5:00 somewhere! :p 

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• honestly I think we all go through that. I remember when my daughter was 2-3 she would challenge me and it was very frustrating. Sounds like you need a break. Can you have someone watch the kids so you can just get some time for yourself?
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 7:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Sounds like you could use some support. When you're at the end of your own rope, you tend to cope poorly & get reactive.
    When this happens, of course, the reactions themselves tend to set in place certain behavior cycles that trigger more & more frustration and irritability in you, so it gets even harder to shift.

Emotional support is as helpful as physical (childcare) support. Being heard for how it feels & what you think (not judged for whether or not it's fair to your kids, or whether it's reasonable, etc.) THIS is the kind of help that lets you recover your reasonableness! That's because you're off-loading some of the feelings that are driving your reactivity & impatience. When those feelings aren't interfering as much, you will naturally extend more compassion to your children because you DO love them, and you'll see them more accurately.

For self-help, check out "Easy To Love, Difficult To Discipline" by Becky Bailey.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Kids can be annoying. It's not wrong to be annoyed; your reaction is what matters. If you feel out of control, or like you're lashing out too much, you might want to seek some help. But if you can usually take a deep breath and react with patience and composure, then just take it easy on yourself and give yourself permission to be frustrated. I get annoyed by interruptions sometimes, or by endless questions, or by noise and chaos when I'm not in the mood for it, but then I remind myself that my daughter is just a kid. She deserves to be a kid. I can usually honor that without getting down on myself for feeling frustrated. If I do get cranky for my own reasons, I apologize to her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Take a deep breath and try to slowly calm down before handling or dealing with the situation at hand.. Be FIRM with them about what it is that you expect from them, age appropriate when giving them directions/instruction. If they are still not listening and acting crazy...take a deep breath and calm down and then walk over to them and tell them and guide them to do what your asking without yelling or getting physical with them. When you know there just tired, try to get them to lay down even if you have to lay with them for a few minutes to help them down for a nap or at night. If it's you being annoyed because you have things on your mind and your snapping at them that can sometimes make their behavior worse. I agree to apologize to them, it makes them happy. Take care of you mama. Take a long bath, a glass of wine, or smoke a little (somthin-somthin) at night to unwind...Lol JK. :p
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Get a counselor or parenting coach to help you find some coping techniques and parenting techniques. You may want to get into a support group for moms. A lot of things are easier to cope with if you have someone to talk to..
    Go to the library and get some books. I agree with meditation, if you can find the safe time to do it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2013