Sob Sob

Just dropped my oldest at college. So weird not to have him here!!! No question, just grieving!!!

Asked by mompam at 10:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• I remember that feeling so well. I bawled like a baby in the corner of a grocery store on her campus, and said to her "Have I taught you everything you need to know?" LOL It makes me laugh when I think about it now.

Try to think of it as an adventure - for both of you. Maybe find out when "parent" or "mom" weekend is at the college, and make it a really special weekend. Buy yourself a new outfit, get a mani and pedi before you go, etc. Find out what's going on at his college - sports activities, etc. - get on the school's Facebook page - do whatever you can to be knowledgeable. Don't smother him - just be aware for when he wants you to engage. Go mom!!

Answer by confusedmom16 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Awww... My oldest is in Spain right now. She's been gone most of the summer. She'll get back, be home a week, then she goes back to college. So sad....

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• My oldest just started 6th grade this year. I can only imagine how it must feel to see them start college. Be proud of him. It is an exciting time for him.

Answer by RhondaJ at 11:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• That was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, I left two of my three away at least you had two others at home...but I had an empty nest...your life will eventually change to my situation...embrace it , it is just another beautiful chapter....

Answer by older at 5:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Smart Young Man! You should be a proud Mama!!

Answer by lilmamabowers at 10:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• I hear you! It's very hard. :(
    Hang in there, I've had both kids leave home and I really miss them!

Answer by KTElite at 10:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Awww.

He'll have a great year :)

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Awwwwwwwwwwwww

Answer by staciandababy at 11:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Awwww. That totally makes sense. My goodness; it's an adjustment. Be good to yourself!

Thank you for sharing the picture of your kids. It's a very sweet photo. Gosh, it really looks like it IS worth a thousand words!

Answer by girlwithC at 11:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

• Awww, I can't even imagine. Sending mine to kindergarten has been hard enough. Hang in there.

Answer by Ballad at 12:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2013