Would you buy this baby formula "machine'?

http://www.parenting.com/blogs/show-and-tell/melanie-parentingcom/nestle-launches-high-tech-baby-formula-machine

Now gadget-loving parents of formula-fed babies can skip the drudgery of scooping formula from a can into a bottle, mixing with water, and shaking—the BabyNes system offers single-serve capsules of formula (which each contain a filter to eliminate any bacteria from the water) for infants and toddlers up to age 3. To use, parents fill the reservoir with water and pop in an age-appropriate capsule (there are four formulas for the first year, and one for each of the following years). The BabyNes then recognizes how much water is needed for that particular formula and what temperature it should be, and then with a push of a button, prepares a bottle in less than a minute.
Plus: Combining Breast and Bottle Feeding 

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• An effing formula Keurig?! No!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• I have a Keurig, and the machine hasn't proved very reliable, so probably not. It would be convenient, I guess, but I bet those capsules are expensive.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Besides the fact that it probably costs more than I'd be willing to spend, it sounds cool but I bet it's a bitch to clean. I had a hard enough time with washing nipples, I don't want to know how many pieces you'd have to take apart, wash, and sanitize. Not to mention, I didn't find that filling a bottle with water, dumping in a few scoops of formula, and shaking took any more than a minute either lol. So I guess my answer is no!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Wow! What will they think of next!
    Before you know it, the capsules will come in various flavors as the baby grows up. Thinking Hot Chocolate!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• lol I had the same feeling guys. OH and as far as price.

. "For now, the BabyNes system is only sold in Switzerland for 249 Swiss francs ($284) with capsules ranging from 49 to 55 Swiss francs for a pack of 26, which makes this about twice as expensive as regular infant formula available in the Swiss marketplace. Nestle said that it will roll out the machine and its capsules globally depending on their popularity, according to Reuters."
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Only if it transforms into a coffee maker after baby is done with it!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:21 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Oh I already got one. Wait... I mean two. They're called tits!

But seriously... even if I was formula feeding, this is ridiculous! But moms will buy it. They always do buy useless crap for the "good" of their baby. Boppy anyone?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:07 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• My first thought: A fucking Keurig for a baby?!!?? No. Way. In. Hell. But, I know people that would buy one because they're THAT lazy or gotta have the newest gadget.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• yea I would
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 1:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• No way in hell. That is crazy.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2013