What cell provider and service do you have?

I have a flip phone with verizon. No data no text and 700 min. It is 55 a month. GAG! Contract is up next month. Huzzah! Wondering where to go now?

Looking at walmarts prepaid plans. Don't really want to give walmart any money though.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2013 in Technology

• I've used straight talk and that was great, 45 for unlimited everything. You have to buy the phone but in the end you save money.

I've also used Tracfone, if you don't use very many minutes then it can be a good option as well. Especially if you just want a simple flip phone as I saw several today that were just $10 for the phone.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• I have a tracfone that I share with my DH. Neither one of us use cell phones very much. We might use (combined) 10min a month. I use it mainly to have my choir kids call their parents when they forget to pick up their kids after choir.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• AT&T. 4 iphones with unlimited everything for about $200/month.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• I don't use a lot of minutes, I would text SO if we had texts, internet if it was available I'd just check cafemom.

I can buy a used phone off Craigslist for whatever I switch to. I don't need to buy a new phone- there's billions of phones in the world already.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:27 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• T-Mobile with unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data but with unlimited usage, meaning once I go over 2Gs the internet speed slows down a bit but I'm not charged anything more regardless of how much I use it. That plan is $65 a month but with taxes and the insurance coverage I pay $77 and some change.

I keep thinking of going over to Cricket or Metro for their unlimted no-contract plans advertised at $55 a month but still with taxes and insurance I'm saving maybe 10 bucks so I might as well stick with the better coverage.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• We have AT&T
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:51 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Tracfone
    I have an LG touchscreen,no internet
    It came with triple minutes for life,so I buy a $30 card every other month,and get 360 min

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• T Mobile is what we have. Just as good as Verizon but cheaper

Answer by louise2 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• T-Mobile is who we have also,no internet but unlimited texts
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• We love our straighttalk plan. 45 a month for unlimited everything, and we had signal all the way up to Indiana and all the way down to Florida.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2013